What to Take With You When Edmonton Home Shopping
You will want to make the process of shopping for an Edmonton home as productive and enjoyable as possible. After all, you'll be on a quest to find your next dream home. That's why it's important to take the right items with you:
• Digital camera, so you can take pictures of the features you like in the properties you see. Note, you can only take these photos of the outside unless you have permission from the home owner for those interior pictures. Yes, you can use your cell phone camera.
• Notepad, so you can take detailed notes. A clipboard is also useful if you have property feature sheets to write on. You can also take notes on your tablet, too.
• Measurements of your largest pieces of furniture, so you can confirm they'll fit in the rooms of properties you like. Important for those large bedroom suites, sectional couch or even the height of your monster truck (will it fit into the garage?). Have those numbers ready
• Measuring tape to check those measurements. If you have have electronic measuring tools, bring those, too.
• Some healthy snacks and beverages, (especially important if you're taking the kids along). Bottled water should be on this list.
• Map of the Edmonton local area, so you can check out local parks and other neighbourhood features. Google Maps works, too.
• Clear driving directions to each of the properties you want to see. A GPS could be useful, too. (yes, cellphone!)
• Your cheque book. If you find your perfect home, you want to write an offer before someone else snaps it up. Many Edmonton listings today are asking for bank drafts so this isn't as important as a few years ago.
• Slipon shoes, easy to get and out of those houses really fast. Snow on the ground, bring easy to put on boots. Stay away from lace up footware.
One of the best ways to shop for a home, and actually enjoy the experience, is to work with a great REALTORS® like Audey and Mike. Give us a call 780-910-5179 or 780-242-5229 or reach out through our contact page and we can go over the buying process to get you moving into your dream home. What else do you think we should bring? If you can think of anything else, just comment below.